Skip to main content

Your Disposition To (At) Work



Sisters,
It's a great pleasure being here with you and I thank God for keeping us all. I believe you are doing very well and anticipating this year's conference with so much expectation. And I know that our expectations would not be cut short in Jesus Name. Amen.

What I would like to talk about today might seem a little 'harsh' however I would like you to take it with love. Why am I 'watering' your heart so much? Simple, I do not want it to be misconstrued whatsoever, so, let's get to it ;)

Work is something that applies to all although, it could mean different things to different people. For instance, work could be being a student, a mother, a teacher, a doctor, an accountant, an engineer, and so on. The bible has made it clear however, that in ALL that we do, we should do it to the glory of God. This should be our drive.

Often times we go through life forgetting that our work is God's business. It's our ministry and parish where we ought to reflect the glory of God. Of which, we pray for God to bless the work of our hands - our work is a major channel through which God blesses us (and others). So, we need to pay attention to it, whether as an employee or employer.
I have observed a recent shift where everyone wants to be an entrepreneur, I would say do not despise your current work because it's a means in God's plan to bring you to a glorious end.
That being said, what is your disposition as an employee or entrepreneur? complainer? murmurer? competitive? encouraging? prideful? respectful? empathetic? Does your behaviour at this work of yours attract people to follow you to serve your God? If you have to 'convince' people of your salvation at work, then you need to do a check.
Your fruits and principles at work should speak louder than words. We have no reason to be sloppy at work. Unfortunately, I've heard employers say they would rather employ a diligent person with no religion rather than a religious person who's lackadaisical.
Paul charges us as follows:
"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free. And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him." (Ephesians 6:5-9)

You have been called forth as a city on a hill, does your attitude at work say so? How is your relationship with colleagues like? A peace maker or a trouble maker? I've heard things like 'this is work, so please leave church out of this...' Christ cannot be left out of work, because we have all been charged with the great commission and handed different pulpit. What are you doing with your work pulpit?

Show care to others, be respectful, be understanding, show empathy, be punctual, make peace with all men, deliver your tasks with so much excellence, be creative, be open to corrections, let the fruits of the spirit be seen in you. Let your disposition to work be with all sense of responsibility. Take Joseph for example, he was so well behaved at work that Potiphar took note of him and acknowledged that God was with him. That should be said of us also, for the least in the kingdom is greater than John the Baptist.

I admonish you to do a check on your disposition to(at) work and ask the holy Spirit to help you at all times to be a torch bearer indeed.

Loads of love,

Your Sis 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Creative Power

 Dearly Beloved, Happy New Year! I pray that 2023 will be exciting and fulfilling for you; may your expectations not be cut short in Jesus Name, Amen. A few days ago, I came across on my Instagram page a snippet of some of the things I said in 2019. In this video, I was talking about my personalised confessions after a vision boarding session. So I said things like, “I am transforming Africa”, “I enjoy healthy relationships”, and I went on and on.  Sisters, I was so moved by how everything I spoke in that video has become a reality today. There is so much power in our words; honestly, we can’t really understand how powerful it is on this side of the earth.  Can we do something? Do a video saying where you see yourself (in alignment with the Word of God) by December 31, 2023 and save it. Say things like, I have become a global brand because Nations and kings are coming to the knowledge of my rising. I see myself setting a new pace with groundbreaking ideas in my industry because I am th

DEALING WITH NEGATIVE THOUGHTS

Dear Sisters, I trust God that you and yours are doing well.  Before now, I would b ea t myself up each time a negative thought crosses my mind. This led me to do a lot of meditation on the power of thoughts and how to take charge of them. Of the many things I have now come to understand is that: negative thoughts in themselves are not bad. I know that sounds weird but stay with me, let me explain myself. Allowing these thoughts to remain and control us is where the issue lies.  It reminds me of the analogy of temptation versus sin. It is okay to be tempted, but it is not okay to sin.  When I was meditating on this, I read a devotional that week that reiterated that dwelling on bad thoughts is what causes  believers to fall. For the purpose of context, not all negative thoughts are 'fornication' or 'adultery' related; sometimes, it is not doing the will of the Father. Peter is a good example here when he said Christ would not wash his feet (John 13:8) and when he reprim

You Are Being Built

  Hello Beautiful, I hope you know how much God loves and is mind-full of you. I have wanted to write to you for so long now, but I kept telling myself, “i will get to it”, and alas, we are now in April. Can you believe we are in April already?! I trust God that this write up meets you in good spirits. God is so merciful. Earlier in the year, January to be precise, the Holy Spirit instructed me to reread the story of Joseph and this time, I had the nudge to list point by point the career lessons from him. The way I was inspired to pen these lessons was as though I was preparing to use them for a speaking engagement. I stalled a little because the story is one I have read severally and wondered why writing it in the way I had been inspired to matter, especially as it is one of the major cruces of my book - The Millennial Employee. Eventually, I obeyed and studied the story as I was inspired. January and February passed. I had no reference to it and even forgot I did the exercise.  Fast