Skip to main content

Comparison - The 'Joy Stealer'




Sisters,

Its such a great pleasure being here with you, cheering each other on in this journey.

Remember on our last discussion, we talked about how Joy is a 'fetcher' we use to draw from the well of salvation. Have you wondered what we can then get without this fetcher? NOTHING!
This then would be one of the enemy's tool to deprive us from getting our salvation goodies.
The enemy is known for being cunny however we are not unmindful of his devices. Comparison is a main deception tool.
Apostle Paul says it like this:
"Oh, don’t worry; we wouldn’t dare say that we are as wonderful as these other men who tell you how important they are! But they are only comparing themselves with each other, using themselves as the standard of measurement. How ignorant!" - 2 Corinthians 10:12 NLT
Sis, don't let us be ignorant of the devices of (comparison) the enemy as the year ends.
Yes I know Bimbo has everything put together, financial goals ✔ career goals ✔✔ spiritual goals✔✔✔ and here you are having no ticks. As a result you get downcast, forgetting all the seeds you've sown this year, forgetting that the ultimate goals might not have been ticked off but the process has began already. The process that would birth something soonest. It's important we don't uproot our seeds by acts of comparison, which in most cases is a function of what we see on the surface.
Don't let's miss the point of the growth we've experienced this year by letting our self dwell in self pity and by comparing ourselves to others.
An apple comparing itself to an orange will loose it's taste (that's if it grows at all). The growth cycle differs, the conditions for growth differs, the output (taste) differs.

In actual fact, you (yes you๐Ÿ‘ˆ )are in this race competing with only you because you are not like anyone else. So, comparison will be trying to fit a round peg in a square hole.

If there are times you've failed this year, at least now you know things to do better in the coming year.
The only competitor you've got in this race is you! How much have you grown? How better have you become in character because of the seemingly (un)happened events?
Don't engage another person's time to run your race. Comparison produces no result. It's only Joy that guarantees result. So, shake off the 'badtitude' (bad-attitude) and let's round off the year in grandstyle, dancing into 2018 with our Joy -fetcher undiluted .

Beware sis, don't let your perception of someone else's success make you ruin your journey with sorrow.

Rejoice Sis, it's the dawning of a new day.

Glory!

Loads of love ๐Ÿ’•

Your Sis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JOYS OYEDEPO BOOK BIRTHDAY GIVEAWAY / A HUNGRY GOD

As a special gift to you for my birthday today, September 27, I'm giving you this mini-book. I pray that it'd be as much a blessing to you as it was for me to write it. It's the beginning of a new phase for me and I want the same for you; so, read, enjoy & be blessed. Don't forget to send in your testimonies after reading this to me on facebook , twitter or instagram . Download free ebook HERE ... CLICK << for access to the book. My love always, Joys Oyedepo

Dedication List

Hey Sisters, You have no idea how glad I am to be write to you. So, this post is basically to share my thoughts on 'dedication list'. At the just-concluded Shiloh (an annual gathering of the Winners' Family for encounters through the word), a message was preached on Dedication. As the message was going on, I flipped to the other side of my note and started drawing out my dedication list. Beneath it, I wrote "Never negotiate your commitment with the devil". Oh yes, its a way of harassing myself๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ After I drew it, I had it pasted on a smooth surface in my room where I could see it as many times as possible in a day. I took practical steps the following day or maybe even that day (can't really remember) by ticking off a few of them. Thankfully, I have been able to achieve them and I have been praying to God for consistency because it's key. It's never enough to start. Each day, I see myself not just trying to abide by the list but living th...

The Creative Power

 Dearly Beloved, Happy New Year! I pray that 2023 will be exciting and fulfilling for you; may your expectations not be cut short in Jesus Name, Amen. A few days ago, I came across on my Instagram page a snippet of some of the things I said in 2019. In this video, I was talking about my personalised confessions after a vision boarding session. So I said things like, “I am transforming Africa”, “I enjoy healthy relationships”, and I went on and on.  Sisters, I was so moved by how everything I spoke in that video has become a reality today. There is so much power in our words; honestly, we can’t really understand how powerful it is on this side of the earth.  Can we do something? Do a video saying where you see yourself (in alignment with the Word of God) by December 31, 2023 and save it. Say things like, I have become a global brand because Nations and kings are coming to the knowledge of my rising. I see myself setting a new pace with groundbreaking ideas in my industry b...