Skip to main content

If you can think, you can thank....



Dearest Sister,

I trust you are well.

On a lighter note,  type the word 'thanksgiving' on google, click images and you would be amazed at what you would see. Just don't salivate too much..lol
Thanksgiving is an attitude not a gift/fruit of the spirit and it can be cultivated. Also, it is not a day in the calender year, it ought to be our lifestyle.
To think is to give something or someone a thought in your mind.
If you dominate your thoughts with the things you don't have, you will never see the things you have let alone be thankful for them.
In a noisy world that we live in, the devil will without hassle (using various means) let you see the things you do not have yet, the things that aren't working as you had envisioned, it is your responsibility to re-route your thoughts to the things that are working for you and thank God for them.

For instance, you are 'sad' about not having enough shoes to wear? Why don't you see it as, you have abled legs and that's a thing to thank God for. Let this be your perspective to things. In ALL things give thanks. We must know that thanksgiving does not border on convenience.

Recently, my husband and two sons had a cold and i began to get overwhelmed with the whole thing. Right in the middle of this thought God drew my attention to the fact that i should be thankful for my husband and children, these are some people's prayer point. So I said thank you Jesus. Only thinkers can thank. When you think, you realise you cannot thank God enough.
There's a saying that God doesn't allow things to happen without leaving a space for thanksgiving. It is true!

No matter how forsaken things might seem, you have a reason or two to give thanks.
1. An attitude of thanksgiving makes you less anxious about things to come.
2. Thanksgiving is so powerful that it liberates us and gives other believers the authority to cling to God and be saved.
Remember the story of Paul and Silas, their praise made all the prison doors to open up and every prisoner was set free. Even the jailer asked to be saved.
Thanksgiving is so powerful that it delivers not only you.

As the year comes to an end, let's maintain an attitude of thanksgiving. If we knew how many Nano second miracles we've enjoyed, how many unprayed petitions that's been answered, the times we've had more than we've asked for... . He deserves our praise, and we are giving it all to Him.

Loads of love,

Your Sis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Creative Power

 Dearly Beloved, Happy New Year! I pray that 2023 will be exciting and fulfilling for you; may your expectations not be cut short in Jesus Name, Amen. A few days ago, I came across on my Instagram page a snippet of some of the things I said in 2019. In this video, I was talking about my personalised confessions after a vision boarding session. So I said things like, “I am transforming Africa”, “I enjoy healthy relationships”, and I went on and on.  Sisters, I was so moved by how everything I spoke in that video has become a reality today. There is so much power in our words; honestly, we can’t really understand how powerful it is on this side of the earth.  Can we do something? Do a video saying where you see yourself (in alignment with the Word of God) by December 31, 2023 and save it. Say things like, I have become a global brand because Nations and kings are coming to the knowledge of my rising. I see myself setting a new pace with groundbreaking ideas in my industry because I am th

DEALING WITH NEGATIVE THOUGHTS

Dear Sisters, I trust God that you and yours are doing well.  Before now, I would b ea t myself up each time a negative thought crosses my mind. This led me to do a lot of meditation on the power of thoughts and how to take charge of them. Of the many things I have now come to understand is that: negative thoughts in themselves are not bad. I know that sounds weird but stay with me, let me explain myself. Allowing these thoughts to remain and control us is where the issue lies.  It reminds me of the analogy of temptation versus sin. It is okay to be tempted, but it is not okay to sin.  When I was meditating on this, I read a devotional that week that reiterated that dwelling on bad thoughts is what causes  believers to fall. For the purpose of context, not all negative thoughts are 'fornication' or 'adultery' related; sometimes, it is not doing the will of the Father. Peter is a good example here when he said Christ would not wash his feet (John 13:8) and when he reprim

You Are Being Built

  Hello Beautiful, I hope you know how much God loves and is mind-full of you. I have wanted to write to you for so long now, but I kept telling myself, “i will get to it”, and alas, we are now in April. Can you believe we are in April already?! I trust God that this write up meets you in good spirits. God is so merciful. Earlier in the year, January to be precise, the Holy Spirit instructed me to reread the story of Joseph and this time, I had the nudge to list point by point the career lessons from him. The way I was inspired to pen these lessons was as though I was preparing to use them for a speaking engagement. I stalled a little because the story is one I have read severally and wondered why writing it in the way I had been inspired to matter, especially as it is one of the major cruces of my book - The Millennial Employee. Eventually, I obeyed and studied the story as I was inspired. January and February passed. I had no reference to it and even forgot I did the exercise.  Fast