Skip to main content

MY TESTIMONY: VICTORY OVER DEATH


Hello Beautiful,

Happy Easter! I trust that this post meets you well, I am confident that this year shall end in praise for us all. Amen. 

Today, I share my testimony over death, read and be blessed: 

    It was a bright morning of Wednesday, March 18, 2020 when I got up to get my boys ready for their visa appointment at the TLS. I was at work the previous day and knowing that I had to take them for this appointment, I applied for a day casual leave from work. Well, it was a good thing I did because this disaster could have met me at work, and only God knows what would have happened. This experience made me understand why the steps of the righteous are indeed ordered by the Lord. When you are in Christ, you just find your choices aligning. 

   As I got my boys dressed, I began to feel slight abdominal pains which I didn't take seriously. I proceeded to make breakfast and while I was at it, my stomach began to hurt uncontrollably. I began to purge and throw-up then I thought, "this seems serious". For someone like me, who rarely fall sick, I was not even scared one bit. I had thought it was food poisoning from my numerous orders of salads. If only I knew what I was heading at. Fast forward to 5 to 10 minutes, I began to roll uncontrollably on the floor. The moment I felt a little relief, I staggered to the bathroom to shower and get dressed for us to head out, I was in for a long ride. 

  After bathing, it got worse. So much so I could not move or dress myself up, so my husband dressed me up and sped right to the hospital. Because my case was treated with so much urgency, soon enough I saw the doctor, and we awaited his (before long I had more than one doctor attending to me) diagnosis: which they proposed several things among which was appendicitis. And, if I were to choose, I would say appendicitis because the doctor said it could be managed with antibiotics. Immediately, I was put on admission and on drips. I thought to myself, "what a life!" how is it that I was okay one minute and I am here. All these thoughts went on and on in my head while I saw the doctors go to-fro, taking different samples of blood to diagnose precisely what was wrong. 

   Later that evening, I was wheeled for several scans and still ended with maybe this, maybe that. Thursday morning, the doctors ran the last test to know what the issue was. Beloved, I was told I had irregular fluid in my abdominal area and that, the fluid was blood, and I immediately needed a surgery. What?! I have never been operated before, I have birthed two boys supernaturally…how did I get here? These thoughts went on in my mind, and if you asked if I was angry with God? I would say kind of. How did I not see this coming? How did He allow this to happen to me? I have spent the last couple of weeks praying for people looking unto You for the fruit of the womb, and for those already pregnant to have supernatural childbirth. Oh, I cried. At about 12 noon on Thursday, the surgery was done successfully, to the glory of God. 

   While I still had my plenty questions for Baba God, I began to ask the what ifs – what if my husband had travelled (as he was supposed to)? What if I was at work? What if I had more complications? Or the diagnosis came later? Gratitude began to spring forth, and a scripture came to mind: Romans 8:37 "Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors [a]and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us." Then I began to thank God for aligning all my choices before that day. That made me be surrounded by the right people.

   In this Easter season, I want us to remember amidst the current global pandemic that we have victory over sickness, disease and death. Isaiah 53:4-5 AMPC "Surely He has borne our griefs (sicknesses, weaknesses, and distresses) and carried our sorrows and pains [of punishment], yet we [ignorantly] considered Him stricken, smitten, and afflicted by God [as if with leprosy]. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole." 

   God has won it all for us, He was and still is our Ransome – that is why the blood still speaks. This, we have him to thank for, always. 

 To bask in the fullness of this victory, you need to accept Him as your Lord and personal saviour. Please say this prayer with me if you will like to give your life to Christ:

 "Dear Jesus, I pray and ask you to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10: "If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." I do that now. I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead. I am now reborn! I am a Christian—a child of Almighty God! I am saved!

 Loads of love,

 Your  Sis

Comments

  1. I rejoice with you Wunmi... May your healing be permanent and may you continue to experience joy and laughter all the days of your life. Amen. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halleluyah! We are victorious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DEALING WITH NEGATIVE THOUGHTS

Dear Sisters, I trust God that you and yours are doing well.  Before now, I would b ea t myself up each time a negative thought crosses my mind. This led me to do a lot of meditation on the power of thoughts and how to take charge of them. Of the many things I have now come to understand is that: negative thoughts in themselves are not bad. I know that sounds weird but stay with me, let me explain myself. Allowing these thoughts to remain and control us is where the issue lies.  It reminds me of the analogy of temptation versus sin. It is okay to be tempted, but it is not okay to sin.  When I was meditating on this, I read a devotional that week that reiterated that dwelling on bad thoughts is what causes  believers to fall. For the purpose of context, not all negative thoughts are 'fornication' or 'adultery' related; sometimes, it is not doing the will of the Father. Peter is a good example here when he said Christ would not wash his feet (John 13:8) and when he reprim

The Creative Power

 Dearly Beloved, Happy New Year! I pray that 2023 will be exciting and fulfilling for you; may your expectations not be cut short in Jesus Name, Amen. A few days ago, I came across on my Instagram page a snippet of some of the things I said in 2019. In this video, I was talking about my personalised confessions after a vision boarding session. So I said things like, “I am transforming Africa”, “I enjoy healthy relationships”, and I went on and on.  Sisters, I was so moved by how everything I spoke in that video has become a reality today. There is so much power in our words; honestly, we can’t really understand how powerful it is on this side of the earth.  Can we do something? Do a video saying where you see yourself (in alignment with the Word of God) by December 31, 2023 and save it. Say things like, I have become a global brand because Nations and kings are coming to the knowledge of my rising. I see myself setting a new pace with groundbreaking ideas in my industry because I am th

As They Went

  Dear Beautiful One, I trust that you are well and that this post meets you in great spirits.  Some time ago, I had a task at work that seemed very convoluted. I wasn't quite sure how to go about it, but as I started, it became clearer what I needed to do and how I needed to go about it. I have come to  realise  that one of the most significant milestones one could ever deal with is starting and because the enemy knows this, he tries to keep us from starting. Keeps us from starting to obey God or cultivating the right attitude or association.    This and other similar occurrences made me begin meditating on the power of starting.  Often  we are faced with so many undaunted decisions and uncertainties and get conflicted about the aftermath of a decision even before we begin. Frankly, we will never know what lies ahead if we never start.  So  the best way to know what lies ahead is to start. Start from where you are. Clarity comes from doing. My pastor usually buttresses this point