Happy New Month. I pray that this month of July will perfect all that concerns you and I, in Jesus Name.
A lot has been going on in the social space lately and the Church has been in the centre of one or two of these issues.
Hence, why I feel the Holy Spirit is leading me to share on this subject of kingdom advancement prayers as we equip ourselves for His appearing.
Praying for the kingdom is not old fashioned so do not let anyone talk out of it.
Infact, we see this pattern in Jesus' (the Lords) prayer of Matthew 6:9-13. Especially in verses 9 and 10, Jesus said:
"Pray like this: ‘Our Father, dwelling in the heavenly realms, may the glory of your name be the center on which our lives turn. Manifest your kingdom realm, and cause your every purpose to be fulfilled on earth, just as it is fulfilled in heaven." - Matthew 6:9-10 TPT
When we pray for the kingdom we are certain it is His will so, we are assured of answers.
Asides kingdom prayers been the will of the Father, it is a crave for righteousness that would be rewarded. “How enriched you are when you crave righteousness! For you will be surrounded with fruitfulness."- Matthew 5:6 TPT
You cannot live in the consciousness that you are the church and not pray for the church, this revelation will make it a lifestyle.
"His intention was the perfecting and the full equipping of the saints (His consecrated people), [that they should do] the work of ministering toward building up Christ's body (the church)," - Ephesians 4:12 AMPC
"Just as the human body is one, though it has many parts that together form one body, so too is Christ. For by one Spirit we all were immersed and mingled into one single body. And no matter our status—whether we are Jews or non-Jews, oppressed or free—we are all privileged to drink deeply of the same Holy Spirit. In fact, the human body is not one single part but rather many parts mingled into one ." - 1 Corinthians 12:12-14 TPT
So sis, before you make those comments ask yourselves if you've prayed as much as you want to comment.
Here are some Kingdom Advancement Prayers I curled from an article written by 'thegospelcoalition. org':
1. That we would have unity amid diversity—loving those with whom we have nothing in common but the gospel.
2. That a culture of discipling would form in which making disciples is viewed as an ordinary part of the Christian life.
3. That faithful elders would use Scripture to train members to do the work of ministry.
4. That a hunger for studying the gospel would form among members so that they can guide and guard one another in it.
5. That transparent, meaningful relationships would become normal and remaining anonymous strange.
6. The preaching of God’s Word—that it would be biblically careful and Holy Spirit imbued.
7. That elders would remain above reproach, kept from temptation, complacency, idols, and worldliness.
8. That the church’s songs would teach members to biblically confess, lament, and praise.
9. That the church’s prayers would be infused with biblical ambitions, honesty, and humility.
10. That adult members would work to disciple teenagers and not just leave it to programming.
I encourage you to make praying for the kingdom a lifestyle as our prayers would cause tremendous change in the body of Christ.
Loads of Love,