Skip to main content

GOD SPEAKS TO US


Hello Beautiful,

I believe you are having an amazing month already. May the God of Israel defend you, preserve you and perfect all that concerns you. Amen!

Today, I would like to share on something so talked about yet misconceived by many. A lot of times we ask, does God speak to us? I have at some point wondered if I was worthy of being spoken to by God despite being born again. The reason for these questions are not far-fetched, I felt God was too big and busy up there to speak to "little me". What a line of reasoning!

Let me tell you how the Holy Spirit (HS) debunked this line of thought for me, he used my most superior boss (Godwin Emefiele) at work to illustrate this:

HS: does Emefiele speak to you?
Me: Yes, through my departmental directors and he does not even know me. From time to time, these directors re-emphasize to us the institution's vision and we are expected to be committed to it.
HS: If your boss who does not know you speaks to you, how much more you, whom I know.
Me: *stunned at His sense of humor*
HS: First, you should remember that you have the mind of Christ so the thoughts and ideas you get, are God given - that is God communicating with you. Also, you have the word of God- the Bible. It remains the primary means God speaks to believers but unfortunately you do not spend as much time as you should with it.

God also speaks to us through his choice men and the anointed materials He puts in their hearts to publish.

I hope that the next time you wonder if God speaks to you, you'll remember these things. God is too mind-full of you not to talk to you.

A question for you though: are you listening to Him?


Loads of love

Your Sis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JOYS OYEDEPO BOOK BIRTHDAY GIVEAWAY / A HUNGRY GOD

As a special gift to you for my birthday today, September 27, I'm giving you this mini-book. I pray that it'd be as much a blessing to you as it was for me to write it. It's the beginning of a new phase for me and I want the same for you; so, read, enjoy & be blessed. Don't forget to send in your testimonies after reading this to me on facebook , twitter or instagram . Download free ebook HERE ... CLICK << for access to the book. My love always, Joys Oyedepo

Dedication List

Hey Sisters, You have no idea how glad I am to be write to you. So, this post is basically to share my thoughts on 'dedication list'. At the just-concluded Shiloh (an annual gathering of the Winners' Family for encounters through the word), a message was preached on Dedication. As the message was going on, I flipped to the other side of my note and started drawing out my dedication list. Beneath it, I wrote "Never negotiate your commitment with the devil". Oh yes, its a way of harassing myself๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ After I drew it, I had it pasted on a smooth surface in my room where I could see it as many times as possible in a day. I took practical steps the following day or maybe even that day (can't really remember) by ticking off a few of them. Thankfully, I have been able to achieve them and I have been praying to God for consistency because it's key. It's never enough to start. Each day, I see myself not just trying to abide by the list but living th...

The Creative Power

 Dearly Beloved, Happy New Year! I pray that 2023 will be exciting and fulfilling for you; may your expectations not be cut short in Jesus Name, Amen. A few days ago, I came across on my Instagram page a snippet of some of the things I said in 2019. In this video, I was talking about my personalised confessions after a vision boarding session. So I said things like, “I am transforming Africa”, “I enjoy healthy relationships”, and I went on and on.  Sisters, I was so moved by how everything I spoke in that video has become a reality today. There is so much power in our words; honestly, we can’t really understand how powerful it is on this side of the earth.  Can we do something? Do a video saying where you see yourself (in alignment with the Word of God) by December 31, 2023 and save it. Say things like, I have become a global brand because Nations and kings are coming to the knowledge of my rising. I see myself setting a new pace with groundbreaking ideas in my industry b...