Skip to main content

Growing Through Pain




Sisters,

How are you all doing? it's another beautiful week and I am grateful for His mercies over you and I.

Today, I'll be talking about one of the things I consider a 'must-go-through' process for every believer.

Growth could be some what inconveniencing as it requires doing things outside our comfort zone.  Its more convenient to drink milk as a baby than chew meat. Unfortunately,  no one survives a lifetime taking milk alone.



Growth is essential for us all and it comes with several dynamics. For instance, a seed that must grow is first buried (covered up with sand) in the soil. 
Being buried in 21st century could mean a lot. E.g not being visible as you desire among your social class....Not having the 'cool stuff' of our generation....going through a phase of pruning where it seems God is always not allowing you have the seemingly desired things (I hope you get my drift on this). You know what being buried means to you. 

Undoubtedly, no one enjoys the process of being buried. However, our confidence is that we know we're buried to grow. 
Like a seed, staying planted is how we get our nutrients to thrive in the world.
While researching seed, planting and growth, I observed the following: 
1. Planting is done with precision. Precision of the spacing of seedlings and desired yield. When God plants us, he has a specific purpose in mind and ours is to find out what the purpose is.
2. A seed is an embryonic plant i.e. a potential plant. Think of it this way, a baby is first an embryo and it could either develop to a full baby or die in its embryonic stage. If an embryo must become a baby it must first be carried successfully through pregnancy. In the same vein a seed that would grow to a plant must first be buried to grow. There is more to you than you know, stay planted to see you blossom.
3. Are all seeds buried in the ground? Yes! there is no planting without setting the seeds in the ground. That is the guarantee for growth. There is no shortcut to this growth thing, its a test we must pass to advance.
4. Planting a seed conceals it from parasites till it has enough nutrient to at least fight for itself. Often times, God plants us to arm us with the right skills to prepare us for what is ahead.

Why all these 'talks' on planting?

1. I want you to understand that there is growth in the inconvenience you might be going through. 



2. Miracles are far from convenience, so is growth. Remember the woman with the issue of blood, 10 lepers, Naman, blind Bartimaeus, the paralyzed man in Mark 2, and many more. 



3. Why is God interested in our growth? it is the avenue in which he trains and blesses us simultaneously. In the words of Dr. Joni Stepp, the greatest stories of our lives won't be told from our comfort zone.

Mind you, our areas of growth differs, so do our process. Sister A could need growth on purity while Sister B needs growth in area of Faith. Our experiences are different so are our journies. You're in competition with no one but yourself.


Loads of love 💕

Your Sis 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DEALING WITH NEGATIVE THOUGHTS

Dear Sisters, I trust God that you and yours are doing well.  Before now, I would b ea t myself up each time a negative thought crosses my mind. This led me to do a lot of meditation on the power of thoughts and how to take charge of them. Of the many things I have now come to understand is that: negative thoughts in themselves are not bad. I know that sounds weird but stay with me, let me explain myself. Allowing these thoughts to remain and control us is where the issue lies.  It reminds me of the analogy of temptation versus sin. It is okay to be tempted, but it is not okay to sin.  When I was meditating on this, I read a devotional that week that reiterated that dwelling on bad thoughts is what causes  believers to fall. For the purpose of context, not all negative thoughts are 'fornication' or 'adultery' related; sometimes, it is not doing the will of the Father. Peter is a good example here when he said Christ would not wash his feet (John 13:8) and when he reprim

The Creative Power

 Dearly Beloved, Happy New Year! I pray that 2023 will be exciting and fulfilling for you; may your expectations not be cut short in Jesus Name, Amen. A few days ago, I came across on my Instagram page a snippet of some of the things I said in 2019. In this video, I was talking about my personalised confessions after a vision boarding session. So I said things like, “I am transforming Africa”, “I enjoy healthy relationships”, and I went on and on.  Sisters, I was so moved by how everything I spoke in that video has become a reality today. There is so much power in our words; honestly, we can’t really understand how powerful it is on this side of the earth.  Can we do something? Do a video saying where you see yourself (in alignment with the Word of God) by December 31, 2023 and save it. Say things like, I have become a global brand because Nations and kings are coming to the knowledge of my rising. I see myself setting a new pace with groundbreaking ideas in my industry because I am th

Purposefully Marching Forward

  Dear Sisters,  Happy New Month! Welcome to March,  the month  where God is moving us  further  in purpose.   I trust that you and yours are doing well and keeping safe. It ' s so good to be on here.    I was studying the ministry of Elisha recently ,  and  I  took not e  of  his dimension of impact.  What a man! He carried  a  double portion of Elijah ' s anointing ,  and Elijah was not small in any   way.  While Elijah and Elisha were very similar, they were distinct in their  purpose  and those they were sent to,  nothwithstanding  the measure of anointing .    Most of Elijah ' s miracles were inclined to life and death. On the other hand, most of Elisha ' s miracles were restoration  based like  healing  people and nations .   Therefore, it can be said that Elisha was a prophet of grace while Elijah was a prophet of judgment. Elijah gave testimonies  against men's sin and evil, while Elisha's testimonies were inclined for  salvation and preach God ' s m