Skip to main content

"Holy Spirit, help me"


Hey Sisters,

Sometimes ago, I shared with a group of teenagers on anger management and I will like to do same with you today.

Few years ago, I found myself in a very terrible situation I did not handle maturely, and as a result, I embarrassed and gave a very wrong image of myself. Now, I am not trying to please others, but I really value my image and name. I said so many terrible words, got really violent and wasn’t taking any chill pill at all because I felt cheated. In fact, people around me kept wondering what version of me was displaying before them. I couldn’t even coordinate myself, I was just going to let out my emotions without thinking of a better way to resolve the situation.

After that incidence, I ran back to God asking Him to help my emotions and help me never to have a physical replay of that day, ever again.

Overtime, I have learnt one trick, no matter how hurt or angered I am at someone or something, I am never going to speak immediately. So, I keep muttering this words, “Holy Spirit, help me”. I keep repeating these words till I am able to actually control myself. I tell you, this has really worked for me several times.

Something happened again earlier this month and I was going to lose it. I could feel the words up my throat already. I could literally feel my head swelling like I had been poured yeast and left for days. My body was beginning to vibrate, I was going to act ‘mad’ again because, this was even worse than my experience the other year.

It was such a hurting scenario that someone close to me advised I went to a cinema, had popcorn and a chilled Pepsi drink (lol). Of a truth, it was glaring the other party was 100% at fault and really did terrible. But I had learnt the hard way (from my past experience) and wasn’t going to get myself ashamed again. I had also learnt to control myself and most especially my mouth. I had learnt to allow the Holy Spirit guard my emotions and be behaved even in anger. I could literally feel the Holy Spirit restraining my actions and helping me swallow those words. After a while, I was calm. A few days later, the Holy Spirit gave the opportunity to express myself, and this time, I was able to do so calmly without hurtful words. Even with very few words, the other party realized the fault.

In summary, the only way you can have your emotions well tucked is by having help from the Holy Spirit. You can’t do it alone, the more you try, the more you keep falling, having so much regrets and pains. The more you realize you aren’t gonna get it right. But, consciously give it all to Him. asides from the truth that He helps you take back those hurtful words and actions, and handling the situation much better, He helps you heal such that the pains the other party has caused is of no or little effect.


Love Always,
Your Sis



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DEALING WITH NEGATIVE THOUGHTS

Dear Sisters, I trust God that you and yours are doing well.  Before now, I would b ea t myself up each time a negative thought crosses my mind. This led me to do a lot of meditation on the power of thoughts and how to take charge of them. Of the many things I have now come to understand is that: negative thoughts in themselves are not bad. I know that sounds weird but stay with me, let me explain myself. Allowing these thoughts to remain and control us is where the issue lies.  It reminds me of the analogy of temptation versus sin. It is okay to be tempted, but it is not okay to sin.  When I was meditating on this, I read a devotional that week that reiterated that dwelling on bad thoughts is what causes  believers to fall. For the purpose of context, not all negative thoughts are 'fornication' or 'adultery' related; sometimes, it is not doing the will of the Father. Peter is a good example here when he said Christ would not wash his feet (John 13:8) and when he reprim

The Creative Power

 Dearly Beloved, Happy New Year! I pray that 2023 will be exciting and fulfilling for you; may your expectations not be cut short in Jesus Name, Amen. A few days ago, I came across on my Instagram page a snippet of some of the things I said in 2019. In this video, I was talking about my personalised confessions after a vision boarding session. So I said things like, “I am transforming Africa”, “I enjoy healthy relationships”, and I went on and on.  Sisters, I was so moved by how everything I spoke in that video has become a reality today. There is so much power in our words; honestly, we can’t really understand how powerful it is on this side of the earth.  Can we do something? Do a video saying where you see yourself (in alignment with the Word of God) by December 31, 2023 and save it. Say things like, I have become a global brand because Nations and kings are coming to the knowledge of my rising. I see myself setting a new pace with groundbreaking ideas in my industry because I am th

Purposefully Marching Forward

  Dear Sisters,  Happy New Month! Welcome to March,  the month  where God is moving us  further  in purpose.   I trust that you and yours are doing well and keeping safe. It ' s so good to be on here.    I was studying the ministry of Elisha recently ,  and  I  took not e  of  his dimension of impact.  What a man! He carried  a  double portion of Elijah ' s anointing ,  and Elijah was not small in any   way.  While Elijah and Elisha were very similar, they were distinct in their  purpose  and those they were sent to,  nothwithstanding  the measure of anointing .    Most of Elijah ' s miracles were inclined to life and death. On the other hand, most of Elisha ' s miracles were restoration  based like  healing  people and nations .   Therefore, it can be said that Elisha was a prophet of grace while Elijah was a prophet of judgment. Elijah gave testimonies  against men's sin and evil, while Elisha's testimonies were inclined for  salvation and preach God ' s m