Skip to main content

Worrying in motion?


Dear Sisters,

I want you to know that writing to you each time on this platform for me is always a privilege that I do not take for granted. I acknowledge that the grace of God is mighty in our midst, and each time the Word of God is shared; the breath of the Almighty is present. Welcome to the month of November, it shall be your best month yet. Your testimonies this month shall surpass all that you have experienced from January to October.

Today's discussion isn't something that is unfamiliar.  I consider it one of the cliched subject matter.

However, I pray that as you read, you will be blessed.

Recently, on a Saturday, I took my second son for immunization, and while on our way, I felt we were running a bit behind the scheduled time for vaccination at the hospital. I wasn't the one driving, but I was driving. What I mean is that I was thinking of how fast the diver could have moved, how he could have avoided a port-whole for us to save time. I did this so much that I neglected that bonding time I could have been having with my son. Halfway into the trip, the Holy Spirit, drew my attention to what I was doing - worrying in motion.

I was moving, yet I was worrying so I rubbed myself off enjoying the moment with my son. As I opened my bible app to read, the verse for the day was from Matthew 6:27 "Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? "

If anything, worrying didn't get us to our destination faster; if anything, it got me feeling inefficient with a lot of "I could have done this, I could have done that better".
Worrying is a vice of the enemy and we cannot afford to be ignorant. The target is to get you to lose sight of the blessing in your current season and strip you of your gratitude garment, that is, "de-harm" you of your faith. I mean, it was weekend. Just me and my little one, that was a perfect bonding time opportunity.

That is why I agree that as followers of Christ, we must deliberate about seeing things through the eyes of His word. One of the life-changing quotes I heard early in life was by Joyce Meyer. She said "worrying is like seating in a rolling chair, it gets you busy but gets you nowhere.

Yes, the year is drawing to a close, and many goals seem unchecked. However, you forgot that sometime in January/March/July, you received help from God. And with that help, you were able to make progress. Unfortunately, because you are busy worrying, you have forgotten those miracles.
 Remember, what seems ordinary to you today was at some point, a prayer point to you and is still a prayer point to some. Don't because of where you want to be, lose sight of where God is taking you and where you are. Rest in Him and enjoy the blessing embedded in your current season.

Loads of Love,

 Your  Sis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DEALING WITH NEGATIVE THOUGHTS

Dear Sisters, I trust God that you and yours are doing well.  Before now, I would b ea t myself up each time a negative thought crosses my mind. This led me to do a lot of meditation on the power of thoughts and how to take charge of them. Of the many things I have now come to understand is that: negative thoughts in themselves are not bad. I know that sounds weird but stay with me, let me explain myself. Allowing these thoughts to remain and control us is where the issue lies.  It reminds me of the analogy of temptation versus sin. It is okay to be tempted, but it is not okay to sin.  When I was meditating on this, I read a devotional that week that reiterated that dwelling on bad thoughts is what causes  believers to fall. For the purpose of context, not all negative thoughts are 'fornication' or 'adultery' related; sometimes, it is not doing the will of the Father. Peter is a good example here when he said Christ would not wash his feet (John 13:8) and when he reprim

The Creative Power

 Dearly Beloved, Happy New Year! I pray that 2023 will be exciting and fulfilling for you; may your expectations not be cut short in Jesus Name, Amen. A few days ago, I came across on my Instagram page a snippet of some of the things I said in 2019. In this video, I was talking about my personalised confessions after a vision boarding session. So I said things like, “I am transforming Africa”, “I enjoy healthy relationships”, and I went on and on.  Sisters, I was so moved by how everything I spoke in that video has become a reality today. There is so much power in our words; honestly, we can’t really understand how powerful it is on this side of the earth.  Can we do something? Do a video saying where you see yourself (in alignment with the Word of God) by December 31, 2023 and save it. Say things like, I have become a global brand because Nations and kings are coming to the knowledge of my rising. I see myself setting a new pace with groundbreaking ideas in my industry because I am th

As They Went

  Dear Beautiful One, I trust that you are well and that this post meets you in great spirits.  Some time ago, I had a task at work that seemed very convoluted. I wasn't quite sure how to go about it, but as I started, it became clearer what I needed to do and how I needed to go about it. I have come to  realise  that one of the most significant milestones one could ever deal with is starting and because the enemy knows this, he tries to keep us from starting. Keeps us from starting to obey God or cultivating the right attitude or association.    This and other similar occurrences made me begin meditating on the power of starting.  Often  we are faced with so many undaunted decisions and uncertainties and get conflicted about the aftermath of a decision even before we begin. Frankly, we will never know what lies ahead if we never start.  So  the best way to know what lies ahead is to start. Start from where you are. Clarity comes from doing. My pastor usually buttresses this point