Skip to main content

The Lover on the Wait List


The Lover on the Wait List
 -Afolabi Bodunrin



God desires us in our unclad form
He passionately desires our bodies... to be his holy temple
He cries for intimacy, the kind that reaches deep into the soul
He longs to caress us with his kiss
He planted the first kiss on our lips and spoke love to our hearts
His love, he says is sweeter than fine wine 🍷 
His arms wide open to shield us from the cold of life 
He counts the hair on our heads and plants kisses on our forehead
He tickles us with expensive gifts that we solemn show gratitude for.
You are beautiful he says, perfectly imperfect are your features.
Every line he caresses, every “thunder” he kisses, every flaw he loves.
He doesn’t chastise, rebuke or reproof without love.
He doesn’t hit or raise a finger in an attempt to show superiority.
He says:
“Come Unto me”
“Let me be your Lover”
“Let me romance your life”
“Let me walk this journey with you”
“Let me suck out your pain”
“I adore you”
“You are beautiful”
“Trust me... it won’t hurt”
“I am weak with love for you”
“I Love You”
Finally, he says:
Marry Me! Let’s spend eternity together”

The sad news is, a lot of us have rejected this proposal, we opt rather for intimacy that is superficial, for kisses that turn to tears, love that shatters our hearts and passionate desires that leads to nothing more than “SEX and HEARTBREAK”.
We are being told “I Love You” daily in a way that makes us even more afraid of the word “Love” (cries).

In a pursuit to please, we lose weight, we go under the knife, we change our hair colour, we become who we are not meant to be, we forget who we are, we become shadows of ourselves, we forget what love really is.

Perhaps we have forgotten what love should be because we neglect the one who first loved us.

Perhaps we have derailed from who we were originally meant to be because we neglect the one who first loved us.

Perhaps we cry ourselves to sleep because we neglect the one who first loved us.

Perhaps we refuse to pray because we have neglected The Proposal!
“Let me Be Your Lover”
“Marry Me, I am in love with you”

God desires to show us what Love, Romance and intimacy is. He wants us to understand what “Relationship” means. He desires for us to be treated like “A Spec”

Until you experience God’s type of Love, you would not know what true love is or should be.

God is asking you to go on a date with him, start a relationship with him and be intimate with him. He wants to kiss you every morning and night, serve you breakfast in bed, send you credit alerts, make love to you, plan your big projects with you, be a father to your children, oversee the affairs of your life.

God: Would you marry me and let’s spend eternity together, come rain come shine

What are you waiting for?
Say Yes to this Proposal!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DEALING WITH NEGATIVE THOUGHTS

Dear Sisters, I trust God that you and yours are doing well.  Before now, I would b ea t myself up each time a negative thought crosses my mind. This led me to do a lot of meditation on the power of thoughts and how to take charge of them. Of the many things I have now come to understand is that: negative thoughts in themselves are not bad. I know that sounds weird but stay with me, let me explain myself. Allowing these thoughts to remain and control us is where the issue lies.  It reminds me of the analogy of temptation versus sin. It is okay to be tempted, but it is not okay to sin.  When I was meditating on this, I read a devotional that week that reiterated that dwelling on bad thoughts is what causes  believers to fall. For the purpose of context, not all negative thoughts are 'fornication' or 'adultery' related; sometimes, it is not doing the will of the Father. Peter is a good example here when he said Christ would not wash his feet (John 13:8) and when he reprim

The Creative Power

 Dearly Beloved, Happy New Year! I pray that 2023 will be exciting and fulfilling for you; may your expectations not be cut short in Jesus Name, Amen. A few days ago, I came across on my Instagram page a snippet of some of the things I said in 2019. In this video, I was talking about my personalised confessions after a vision boarding session. So I said things like, “I am transforming Africa”, “I enjoy healthy relationships”, and I went on and on.  Sisters, I was so moved by how everything I spoke in that video has become a reality today. There is so much power in our words; honestly, we can’t really understand how powerful it is on this side of the earth.  Can we do something? Do a video saying where you see yourself (in alignment with the Word of God) by December 31, 2023 and save it. Say things like, I have become a global brand because Nations and kings are coming to the knowledge of my rising. I see myself setting a new pace with groundbreaking ideas in my industry because I am th

As They Went

  Dear Beautiful One, I trust that you are well and that this post meets you in great spirits.  Some time ago, I had a task at work that seemed very convoluted. I wasn't quite sure how to go about it, but as I started, it became clearer what I needed to do and how I needed to go about it. I have come to  realise  that one of the most significant milestones one could ever deal with is starting and because the enemy knows this, he tries to keep us from starting. Keeps us from starting to obey God or cultivating the right attitude or association.    This and other similar occurrences made me begin meditating on the power of starting.  Often  we are faced with so many undaunted decisions and uncertainties and get conflicted about the aftermath of a decision even before we begin. Frankly, we will never know what lies ahead if we never start.  So  the best way to know what lies ahead is to start. Start from where you are. Clarity comes from doing. My pastor usually buttresses this point